About the Company/Role:
Our client is an Australian technology company focused on the commercialization of innovative laser enrichment technologies for applications like Uranium production and enrichment, Silicon enrichment and medical isotope enrichment.
The Analytical Lab Technician will be responsible for analytical measurements to characterise feedstock, products, and in-process samples, supporting the development and commercialisation of new technologies for the manufacture of isotopically pure products.
Skills & experience:
- Perform sample preparation of products and in-process samples and operation of autosampler.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of chemical and isotopic composition in the solid, liquid and gas phase.
- Generate calibration curves to support quantitative analyses.
- Perform systematic and routine measurement programs to gather comprehensive chemical process and plant data for production scaling and optimization.
- Perform in-process measurements and investigate measurement automation.
- Support the team in method development and optimisation.
- Maintain & validate analytical equipment - GC-MS, ICP-QQQ, FTIR, ESI-MS, and CE-MS.
- Manage consumables.
Apply!If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Please send us a cover letter AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Or, if you have any questions, please contact Nikita on 02 8071 4290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Experience using analytical instruments - GC-MS, ICP-QQQ, FTIR, ESI-MS, and CE-MS.
- Proficient in data collection, analysis and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to safely handle toxic, pyrophoric and/or high purity chemicals and gases in an analytical environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and prioritise work demands
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.