About the company
Evolve Scientific are currently searching for a highly skilled Project Engineer (Building and Manufacturing Automation) to join with one of our largest clients, a Global leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry. This client is looking to bring aboard this engineer for a 12-month contract with a strong probability to extend into a permanent position. Based in the Northern suburbs, this will be an onsite position. About the role:
Based in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne, this role is responsible for driving design and project implementation of the Automation, Project, and Maintenance Engineering functions. Whilst this position Is also responsible for the design, development and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems. Reporting to the Regional/Global Value Stream Recipe Owner this Engineer will be an integral part of a growing project for the construction and fit out of a manufacturing facility. Role's purpose:
The purpose of the role is to lead and oversee all Execution System activities and operations associated with the Building Management System (BMS), Facility (Environmental) Monitoring System (FMS), Safety Systems, Clean Utility Automation (CUA) applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define the strategy & roadmap for the design and implementation of the BMS, FMS, Safety Systems, and Clean Utility scope aligned with the standardized ES approach.
- Accountable for system ownership and compliance of BMS, FMS, Safety Systems, and Clean Utility Systems.
- Accountable for supporting the lifecycle of BMS, FMS, Safety Systems, and Clean Utility systems & operations.
- Provide oversight & review of contractors/integrators work during design, construction, commissioning, and validation phases of projects.
- Provide support for budget & resource management to support key business projects.
Participates in creating and implementing Execution Systems strategy and manages on-going operations for the functional area including M2U organization, if needed. Participates as assigned in the management of specific cost centres and contributes to the annual budgeting process. Technical responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation and implementation of Execution System and Site Strategies aligned with the corporate business strategy and develop strategic application roadmaps to support the strategic direction.
- Be the system owner for BMS, and FMS platform.
- Data Availability
- Evolve existing BMS, FMS platform to ensure they meet the customer needs with respect to data analytics and data availability.
- Ensure systems meet data integrity requirements and facilitate appropriate data access to support alarm/alert notification, reporting, and interfaces to process systems.
- Responsible for the application teams training program and compliance with the appropriate regulatory guidelines, global & local QMS (Quality Management System), and DT policies and procedures.
- Technical representative for regulatory agency audits and drive resolution of findings within agreed timelines.
- Business interface/Understanding
- Responsible for working with the business (typically mid-level management) to identify opportunities to develop the appropriate business case/demand within the plant process.
- Be the owner of non-functional system requirements for package units to enable the BMS & FMS platform's proper interface.
- Project Management
- Perform Project Manager Role on an interim basis.
- Ensuring that project work is completed within budget and on schedule, and in accordance with the project management methodology as defined in QMS.
- Technology Knowledge
- Propose and assess design solutions based on a working knowledge of current technologies and best practices related to the functional application area.
- Evaluate vendor technology and consider industry trends and future requirements as defined in the application roadmap.
- Participate, as assigned, in the management of specific cost centres, contribute to the annual budgeting process (Capex), provide periodic forecasts, and manage expenses.
- Vendor Management
- Participate in managing the vendor relationship process (including selection, negotiation, establishing service levels (SLAs), monitoring and reviewing performance and contract management) for key Execution Systems & DT vendors.
- Application Responsibility
- Administers the management of and full SDLC of following Execution Systems Applications, which includes but is not limited to the following: BMS, FMS and Clean Utility Systems.
To be considered for the role, the ideal candidates must have:
- Global: Execution Systems Management Team
- Internal: Project delivery, M2U, Manufacturing, Facilities, Site Quality, Digital Quality, CQV and Engineering key stakeholders
- External: Relationship Management with vendors (e.g. Siemens and Integrators)
To be successful for the role, the ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of experience working within an applicable Automation function that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Project Engineering
- Vendor Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Design Management
- Test & Validation experience within a highly regulate industry such as FMCG, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Distributed Control Systems (e.g. Siemens PCS7)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree or equivalent experience / master’s degree is preferred; educational concentration in IT and or Automation, science or engineering is preferred.
An incredible opportunity to grow and automation engineer’s career within a global leader in the pharmaceuticals industry. This role offers a project/automation engineer the opportunity to enhance their experience by building leading a team and formulating several internal strategies and policies that may be implemented on a global scale. How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas e.g. Working Holiday Visa. Need more information:
Please call Max on 0416 877 631 or alternatively Cathy on (03) 9040 1630 How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now” button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be. Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award-winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.