About the company/role:
Our client, a government organisation, is seeking a Control System Engineer to join their team based in the western suburbs of Brisbane on a casual ongoing basis, with the view to go permanent.
Although experience is preferred, graduates are also welcome to apply. Duties:
This role is to deliver support to the mining industry and develop software including the maintenance of current software.
Designing, developing and implementing PLC programs and computer software to be used in safety related systems in house and remote mine sites in Australia.
- Laise with clients on the design and operation of mine gas monitoring systems and software
- Developing, participating and contributing to project reviews including progress and status updates, outcomes and future improvement discussions.
- Prepare presentations, application manuals and training materials and provide training related to the computer software and PLC programs developed.
- Participate in an out of hours roaster and the emergency response team in order to provide client support with gas monitoring systems for underground mining.
To be considered for this position, please submit a current resume addressing your suitability to the following requirements:
Apply! If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Please send us a cover letter AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Or, if you have any questions, please contact Simon on 07 3175 0680
- Applicants must possess a degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with Visual Basic 6, .NET, C#, C++ Java and Angular
- Solid database knowledge, including database design and SQL script, particularly in MS SQL Server.
- Software testing and hardware/software debugging.
- Applicants will be required to frequently work on weekends and outside of normal working hours at short notice.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.