About the role:
Our client, a government organisation, is seeking a Junior Chemist
to join their team based in the western suburbs of Brisbane. This role is a full time, 6-month contract, with the view to permanent.
Main duties include testing client samples, reporting results and maintaining the equipment. There will be some travel involved to meet with clients, which can include weekend, interstate, or intrastate locations.
Although experience is preferred, graduates are also welcome to apply. Skills/experience:
To be considered for this position, please submit a current resume addressing your suitability to the following requirements:
Apply!If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Please send us a cover letter AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed).
- A tertiary qualification in Chemistry;
- Experience operating laboratory equipment, particularly gas-chromatography;
- Field work experience related to mining, water, soil or air sampling is highly regarded;
- A strong understanding of safety protocols relevant to remote field work;
- A current C class driver’s license;
- The ability to work autonomously and meet strict deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise effectively with clients and internal stakeholders;
- Be available for travel on a regular basis to remote locations.
Or, if you have any questions, please contact Steph on 07 3175 0680.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.