About the company:
Our client, a well establish privately owned Australian company, is currently seeking an experienced Purchasing and Procurement Officer to join their team at their head office in the Western Suburbs of Brisbane on a full-time permanent basis. This is a Monday to Friday role with working hours of 9am to 5pm with flexibility for the right candidate. Duties:
Reporting into the Customer Service and National Sales Managers, this position will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Managing supplier relationships;
- Risk mitigation and contigency planning;
- Supply chain management to ensure orders are received on time;
- Ensuring correct costing of products;
- Assessing supplier performance;
- Maintaining compliance with company policy and regulations;
- Analysis of market trends;
- Inputting and maintenance of data within internal systems;
- Collaboration with various internal departments;
- Participation in HACCP and internal audits.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role is essential;
- Experience working within the food or beverage industry is highly desirable;
- Proven commercial experience in a purchasing, procurement or contracts focused role;
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders;
- Ability to multitask and work to set deadlines effectively;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience and strong proficiency in using MS Office products and ERP systems.
If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Please send us a cover letter AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Or, if you have any questions, please contact Malia on 07 3175 0680 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.