About the Company:
Our client is a multinational food company and a collector of brands across Australia and internationally. They are seeking a Quality & Compliance Manager
to join their team for an 18-month fixed term contract, based in the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane. There is a strong possibility of extension. The Role:
The purpose of the QA Manager will be, to adhere to and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP and process parameters at all times to ensure safe and quality products are manufactured. This role will be heavily involved in internal and external audits, so experience working with auditors is desirable.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
Skills & Experience:
- Verify that products are compliant with customer specifications, food safety requirements and regulatory bodies
- Process QA, production, and logistics records as part of the positive release system
- Conduct Internal & GMP audits
- Participate and lead external audits by government and certifying bodies
- Coordinate and effectively manage the quality team
- Make real time decisions regarding QA matters
- Assess, investigate and implement corrective and preventive actions for complaints &/or non-conforming products
- Coordinate statistical process control
- Identify and partake in process improvement initiatives
- Lead and train staff as required in food safety and quality matters
- Work with site departments as required, to facilitate and maintain QA Systems and facility GMP standards
To be considered for this position, you will require:
How to Apply:
- Demonstrated experience in a Senior level role within a food manufacturing environment (meat industry experience preferred);
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or equivalent;
- You must hold a valid drivers license, this role requires you to drive between sites from time to time;
- You must be able to commit to full time hours and occasional weekend work if required;
- Strong knowledge of GMP, HACCP and customer standards;
- Previous experience in auditing highly regarded;
- Ability to make risk based decisions, use initiative and quickly adapt to different business conditions;
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills;
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure;
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas e.g. Working Holiday Visa.How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now” button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award-winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
QLD Labour Hire Licence Number: LHL-00906-L1D2V.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.