The company is a Government Organisation which is well recognised for their acid sulfate soils testing expertise. They provide world-class & NATA accredited laboratory services to the commercial and government sectors. About the Role:
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Officer
for full time 12-month contract position
with possibility of extension.
- Undertake and manage the day-to-day operations of the sample receipt and preparation team.
- Support the laboratory and field services divisions.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise with demonstrated proficiency in applying complex thought to conventional analytical preparation techniques on soil, plant, and water samples. Including techniques such as Kjeldahl digestion, extractions and hot nitric acid digestions
- Responsible for leading a team of 5 scientists, liaising with laboratory staff, clients, and suppliers to ensure workflow and operational requirements are meeting expectations.
Please note that shortlisting for this role will commence immediately,
so we encourage you to apply now
or contact Bridie on 07 3175 0680 . Skills & Experience:
To be appointed for this position, you will need to have:
- Degree level qualifications in Science, or related area, or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team, managing high throughput sample management (receipt and registration) and sample preparations related to water, soils, plant, and sediment analyses (preferably in a commercial laboratory) with demonstrated ability to maintain high QA/QC standards of good laboratory practice.
- Demonstrated high-level of analytical skills to support and diagnose complex technical problems with experience in soil and plant preparation, Kjeldahl digestion, soil and plant extractions, and hot nitric acid digestion.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of databases as well as laboratory information Management System, statistical and word-processing software.
- Your own reliable vehicle and current manual drivers’ licence;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
- The ability to commence work immediately!
This role offers a fantastic and energetic working environment and gives the successful appointee the opportunity to consolidate their instrumentation skills. How to Apply:
If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Please send us a cover letter AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed).
Or, if you have any questions, please contact our Brisbane consultants Bridie 07 3175 0680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.