About the company
Evolve Scientific are currently searching for a junior Maintenance Technician (Fitter) within one of our manufacturing clients. Based in the inner-western suburbs, this will be a 3-month-long contract position with the potential for overtime when available.About the role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer (Fitter), you will be in charge of continuous & thorough upkeep of all production machinery across the manufacturing facility. This will include, but is not exclusive to, preventative maintenance, overhauls, small project work & fabrication work with a strong emphasis on machine up-time & reliability. Main responsibilities:
To be considered for the role, the ideal candidates must have:
- Working closely with the Manufacturing Engineer to ensure any potential risk to plant and equipment are realised, captured & actioned
- Give valuable feedback regarding all aspects of plant improvements, preventative maintenance and potential efficiency gains whilst maintaining great time management around the weekly production schedule
- Ensure all safety issues are given high priority and are addressed with a sense of urgency and reported directly to the manager
- Ensure all work tasks are conducted in a safe manner and ALL appropriate PPE, permits (Where applicable) & LOTO principals are adhered to at all times
- Maintain a clean working environment in ALL areas of the site
- Mandatory trade qualification – Preferably mechanical engineering/Fitter & Turner
- Proven experience in maintenance, fabrication and troubleshooting within a manufacturing environment
- Sound understanding of mechanical schematics
- Strong ability to build rapport and an effective working relationship with key internal stakeholders
- A proactive and informed approach to OH&S standards
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility, great time management & calm whilst under pressure.
Great opportunity to be a part of a small-team environment with exciting projects to be a part of an opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining a reputable business within the manufacturing industry. How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Note: Position open to all applicants with the ability to work within Australia for the 3-month period required, this includes those on a 417 Working Holiday Visa. Need more information:
Please call Max or alternatively Cathy on (03) 9040 1630How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now” button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award-winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.