About the Company:
Our client, a local Government organisation, based in the Western suburbs of Brisbane, is currently seeking an Environmental Monitoring Officer
for a full-time casual contract until December 2024.
The purpose of this role is the provision of routine and ad-hoc environmental monitoring and the provision of scientific inputs during environmental incidents.
This role works as part of a dynamic team, sampling and analysing a wide variety of water, wastewater and environmental samples for customers across multiple sites including reticulated networks, environmental waters and sewage treatment plants.Duties:
Skills & Experience:
- Perform routine and non-routine sample preparation and collection
- Maintain and operate a variety of field analytical equipment
- Use of computer software to process laboratory analytical data, labelling and provide inputs to the laboratory data system
- Work autonomously or as part of a professional team to deliver timely quality outputs to customers.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure in a field environment
To be considered for this position, applicants MUST have:
Apply!If you think this could be the role for you then please apply now! Please send us a cover letter AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Or, if you have any questions, please contact Steph on +61 7 3175 0680.
- A Degree level qualification in Science (Environmental) or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a similar role (graduates also welcome to apply);
- Experience in aquatic ecology, more particularly ecological surveys including fish and macroinvertebrate monitoring;
- Excellent planning and time management;
- Boat license would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Local Government policies, plans, and legislation;
- Possession of driver’s license is essential;
- Must be vaccinated against hepatitis A, B and tetanus or willing to get these vaccinations;
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.