About the company:
Evolve Scientific are currently searching for a highly skilled Utilities Project Engineer to join with one of our largest clients, a Global leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry. This client is looking to bring aboard this engineer for a 6-month contract with a high likelihood of extension into a permanent position.About the role:
Based in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne, this role is responsible for delivering compliant, fit for purpose manufacturing facilities and processes at a Melbourne greenfield site for Influenza Cell Culture Vaccine (FCC), Antivenom (AV), Q Fever Vaccine (QFV), Formulation, Filling, Inspection and Packaging (FFIP), in addition to other site facilities.
This role is responsible to support elements of the Utilities design and execution for our client’s capital project. Utilities includes clean utilities, chemicals, waste treatment, building services including mechanical services, HVAC, fire services and architecture. This role will be responsible for delivering a subset of these disciplinary areas in alignment with their expertise and experience.Key Responsibilities:Ensuring actions comply with (but not limited to):
- The client’s Code of Responsible Business Practice
- Our client’s Global Quality Policy (QMAN-000085761)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice as applicable to this role
- Coordinating /Overseeing the second phase of the project lifecycle (Construction, Commissioning and Qualification) for their section of the utility scope in alignment with the project objectives and requirements (Utility URS and equipment TRS).
- Managing works to meet the project budget and schedule, GMP, safety and environmental requirements. Depending on the area of their responsibility this may include:
- Inspection of Off-site Fabrication and On-site installation of Utilities equipment and pipework
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing)
- SAT (Site Acceptance Testing)
- Commissioning of the Utilities Qualification of the Utilities
- Prepare and execute CEQ documentation, and assist with project management documents (progress reports, design reviews etc.)
- Actively contributing to value engineering initiatives
- Collaborate in cross functional teams as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Provide strong technical leadership and direction for Utilities.
- Collaborate with others to contribute to a high performing culture, with good engagement levels. Lead by example with behaviour that aligns with company values.
- Develop and implement Project Operational Readiness SMART workplan objectives aligned with business strategy and deliverables.
This role will liaise with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders from various functions, to effectively carry out the duties of the role. This role will be responsible for identifying, directing, and prioritising the Utilities project objectives and deliverables for their portion of the utilities scope to meet timelines, developing/recommending/implementing processes and solutions that are following established policies and procedures, and that operations are completed within the budgetary constraints for the project.Decision Making:
The Project Engineer - Utilities will be responsible for assessing technical detail to direct decision making required for the project’s Utilities needs in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
To be considered for the role, the ideal candidates must have:
- This role may address complex business issues on occasion and requires independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- This role has accountability for Utilities project deliverables through cross functional leadership, team problem solving/collaboration and management of calculated risk while remaining flexible and responsive in a significant Tier 1 capital project environment.
To be successful for the role, the ideal candidates will have:
- 3+ years of experience working in an engineering or project management role.
- Excellent understanding of the process and engineering systems within the pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience in project management with the ability to lead and deliver a project.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and work closely with multiple stakeholders to deliver large or highly complex projects.
- A good understanding of quality, risk and contract management processes and procedures.
- Well-developed regulatory and compliance code understanding in respect to the manufacturing/production and engineering environment.
- Ability to understand “the big picture” and approach problem solving in a proactive consultative manner.
- Strong communication skills and consultative approach in working with key stakeholders to achieve the required commercial outcomes.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering field
- Automation and in particular Siemens PCS7 experience
- Financial experience in managing budgetary responsibilities.
An incredible opportunity to grow and automation engineer’s career within a global leader in the pharmaceuticals industry. This role offers a project/automation engineer the opportunity to enhance their experience by building leading a team and formulating several internal strategies and policies that may be implemented on a global scale. How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed).
Need more information:
- *Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights.
Please call Max on 0416 877 631 or alternatively Cathy on (03) 9040 1630How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now” button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award-winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.